Layside is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Layside may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email and postal address
- Other information relevant to customer booking
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
Under GDPR, all personal data obtained and held by us must be processed according to a set of core principles. In accordance with these principles, we will ensure that:
- Processing is fair, lawful and transparent
- Data is collected for specific and legitimate purposes
- Data collected is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes of processing
- Data is kept accurate and up to date. Data which is found to be inaccurate will be rectified or erased without delay
- Data is not kept for longer than is necessary for its given purpose
- Data is processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of personal data including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage by using appropriate technical or organisation measures.
OUR LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR GENERAL PERSONAL DATA
Processing necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter into a contract
When we take your order by telephone, fax or email and ask you for all the personal data required, this is so we can enter into a contract with you the customer, this contract being the exchange of goods and services in the return for payment. We need all the personal data explained with this privacy notice for the exchange of goods and services.
YOUR RIGHTS AND YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable i.e. where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and where the data controller processes the data by automated means);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable i.e. where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics).
HOW TO REQUEST INFORMATION OR TO MAKE A COMPLAINT
Should you wish to request which information we hold on your company, to amend any data that we hold on your company or to make a complaint, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will act upon your request immediately.